Some frequently asked questions by those wishing to move to Canada

On this page we have listed some of the most common questions that we receive from our clients.

What are the immigration pathways available for moving to Canada?

There are various pathways available to immigrate to Canada. A skilled worker/skilled trade worker can immigrate to canada under Express Entry. There are programs/pathways to immigrate as a business owner under start up visa / self employed category. There are provincial nomination programs that allows people to immigrate to particular provinces in Canada. Family sponsorship pathway offers immigration options to family members, relatives, parents & grand parents etc. Also, there are pathways for people under skilled trades or caregivers etc.

What are the requirements for skilled workers to immigrate to Canada?

To be eligible under Federal skilled worker, one must meet the following requirements

  • Skilled experience – meaning worked in one of the TEER categories 0, 1, 2, 3
  • Language requirements – take approved language tests and meet the minimum score required in al 4 abilities – reading, writing, speaking and listening
  • Education – degree / diploma from post secondary institution. If you are foreign educated, must have completed an educational credential assessment

How can I apply for permanent residency in Canada?

Once the eligibility criteria is met and invitation to apply has been received,  the applicant can apply for permanent residency in canada online under express entry. 

  • Fill out the permanent resident application online form
  • Scan and upload the documents 
  • Pay the permanent resident application processing fee
  • Submit completed application 
  • When notified get a medical test done
  • Wait for the call to submit the passport for stamping